Monday, June 7, 2010

maternity leave reprise...

Thursday was my last day of work at Children's Hospital. Many, MANY tears were shed. Also, I hate goodbyes. HATE THEM. Our little family is having to say far too many goodbyes over the next month and it's killing me....But I digress.  As I was saying, Thursday was my last day of work. I've had a paying job since I was 15 and I have worked at Children's for the last 6 years of my life so this will take some getting used to. Also, I LOVE being a nurse and am fortunate to not only have amazing coworkers but I happen to have taken care of the best patients to EVER be sick. Seriously, my patients are the BEST.  Where am I ever going to find that again? I'm not. That's where!

Friday was a jam-packed day of doctor's appts for our handsome, tri-toothed sugar-monkey. He's 9 months old, you know. Since I have such a hard time saying goodbye and since we were in the area anyway, Declan and I went to the GI for Kids office in the Children's Medical Office Building (that's where I've been specifically working for the last 2 plus years). Declan was super charming. He got his picture made with several of my sweet work friends but this is the only one I have access to at the moment...


This is Declan with Mama's dear friend, Angela. 


After visiting with our friends at the GI office, we went over to the hospital and visited with my dear friends at the Oncology Clinic. I worked with these girls on the inpatient side and we all moved to other areas about the same time. I remembered quickly why I was a pediatric oncology nurse for as long as I was... I really miss those girls and those sweet little bald-headed kiddos! Here are two pics from Oncology Clinic...



My dear friend, Brittany. I'm going to miss her soooo much!



This is Declan and Gail. Declan is sporting some sweet headgear.

So, I guess today counts as my first OFFICIAL day of Stay-at-home motherhood. I did four loads of laundry, changed the sheets, went to the gym and did the grocery shopping. It was quite a busy day. It may be more work not to work!

No comments: