Monday, May 24, 2010

Every new day seems to bring...

a brand new trick for my little magician to perform.

This weekend he began saying "Dadda!" as well as complete, grammatically perfect sentences such as ,"Ah-goo Ah, Dadda! Dadda Dadda ah Dadda." and the succinct ,"Gah! Lalalala, aaah Dadda!"(all the while, gesturing emphatically with his open palms). Seriously, my child is a little baby genius! 

In addition to his oratorical prowess, he also has the ability to teach valuable lessons. Such as on Saturday when we went to a friend's baby shower and he proceeded to warn those baby-hungry party-goers of the dual nature of adorable infants. He attempted to single-handedly clear the table by jerking fiercely on the tablecloth. This is the SECOND baby shower that he's attempted this little trick so if this scenario sounds vaguely familiar, it's because I didn't learn my lesson the first time. The lesson being that while Declan LOVES bathtime and real showers, he HATES baby showers... or at least pink plastic tablecloths. 

This weekend also brought a brand new baby item into our home. Since Declan has been removing his own diaper I felt like it was high time to buy the little prince a thrown of his own. Yes, Declan now has a fancy schmancy little red potty all his own.  And before you roll your eyes, he has actually used it... At least 8 times! No, we aren't exactly pushing hard-core potty training on an 8 1/2 month old infant but it won't hurt anything to start gradually introducing the potty into his day to day life. My mother says he's "training " me instead of vice versa and that is fine. But ya gotta admit, he seems to have a pretty good time on that ol' potty. 


See?
          
In addition to all the talking and the gesturing and the guerilla-style attacks on pink table-cloths and the massively awesome pottying skills... This morning, after he finished nursing, he began... CLAPPING! It made me feel like Miss America! I guess breakfast was extra good because I've never been showered with applause afterwards. Pretty exciting! It's so cute to see him clap his little hands! He is so much fun! I can't wait to see what other tricks he has up his sleeves! He makes me proud to be his mama every single day!

Thanks for reading, dear friends! We love ya'll so much!
love,
The Englands

No comments: