The McEnglands are moving in July. We are leaving our beloved east Tennessee home and heading for Lynchburg, VA. Ben has found an amazing job there doing what he loves and working with some truly wonderful people. We will be selling our sweet little water-front home and moving into a fabulous downtown loft hewn from an old tobacco warehouse. It's sure to be a wonderful new adventure...
But I'm still heartbroken. In fact, the decision has been made since February yet it has taken me this long to blog about it. This is a huge, life changing deal and I am just now blogging about it? I'm not exactly sure how to process this big giant change.
This week I have done a LOT of thinking about what's ahead. I've decided to make a little list of things that are exciting about the move in order to boost my spirits. I thought I'd share it with you...
1. Virginia sells wine in the grocery store! Imagine the convenience!
2. Lynchburg is 3 hours from Washington, D.C.. Think of the amazing museums and opportunities to learn and explore that sweet Declan will have? Not to mention dinosaurs!
3. There is an amtrak station there meaning that we can take the train to Washington, D.C., Atlanta, GA, New Orleans, LA and even Buffalo, NY if we wanted. How fun is that?
4. Lynchburg is lush and green and looks like home.
5. Lynchburg is a college town full of adorable coffee shops, interesting restaurants and fabulous old houses.
6. Living downtown will give Stella ample opportunity to walk off those extra puggy pounds.
7. There is an awesome bookstore called "Little Dickens" which is geared towards children and families. This is sure to be an England family favorite.
8. Declan and I are going to take a water babies swim class at the Lynchburg YMCA.
9. This is an opportunity to make new friends and learn a brand new town.
10. I will be with my beautiful husband and darling son. Really, isn't that the most important of all?