Thursday, March 1, 2012

What a day!

Today was amazing. A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! The entire day! Seriously. Warm and sunny and no longer a "winter" month (as it is now currently March)! Plus, the boys and I drove to Gatlinburg to meet up with our dear friends, the Fawvers (minus Travis) in order to spend some quality time with the creatures at Ripley's Aquarium (yes, I took pictures). In addition, we didn't hit the double bottleneck of traffic because we drove through Newport and Cosby to get there! Woot, WOOT, Y'all! I'm telling you.

The drive was so incredibly beautiful. There is something so special about Tennessee and as we made our way through the mountains today I could practically touch it. I felt an overwhelming sense of belonging mixed with nostalgia and a heavy undercurrent of joy. Meredith (of Fawver family fame and also one of my very best friends) asked me over dinner if I was happy in Johnson City and, incredibly(and it's incredible because I was so unhappy in VA despite all the wonderful people there), I AM.

I am in such a great spot in my life. I have a loving, devoted marriage to my soul-mate. I have two sweet, healthy, hilarious little boys that make my ever lovin' heart explode. I am two hours or less from practically all of our family and lifelong friends. Also, need I remind you that the groundhog was wrong this year and Spring arrived early?  I can't think of a single thing I want right now except a smaller jean size (and I'm workin' on it, yo!)

I promised you pictures so I'll just get on it with it so y'all don't have to keep pretending that you're here for the words.

Declan points out the fish
Bridgette would actually face the camera when I took her picture. GENIUS!







Spooky Shark!!!






Bridgette and Declan are 6 weeks apart and have been sweet friends ever since...



They really do play very well together...




He wasn't the center of attention but he sure was a good boy at the Aquarium!


The tunnel under the penguin exhibit


Meredith and Mason. Mason was such a good boy too! He's about 3 months younger than Aengus but outweighs him by a good pound and a half! 


Aengus with his eyes on the big kids! It won't be long, buddy!




No comments: