Thursday, May 26, 2011

OH MY GOODNESS!!!

Monday was the first day that I was left alone, outnumbered by my offspring. It went very well. Everybody got fed. Everybody got changed.  Nobody deliberately gave themselves a concussion while throwing a temper tantrum. I considered it a win. 

Then came Tuesday. It was exactly the opposite of Monday. Declan dropped a 5lb barbell on Ben's big fancy TV we bought at New Years with Christmas money. It no longer has a picture and apparently that is a very VERY bad thing. A "can't be repaired" kind of bad.  I would have loved to have prevented this very bad thing from happening but I happened to have Aengus James in my lap and he's irreplaceable, you see, and the TV can be replaced just as soon as we feel like we want to pony up at bestbuy. We grabbed a much less fancy/large/expensive replacement because the sesame street dance party must continue on, y'all. Thankfully, it's just stuff and with Declan (a.k.a. Toddlerasaurus Rex) around, it's best not to get too attached to "stuff".  Oh yeah, I made dinner for the fam. Still winning, Charlie Sheen. 

Wednesday came and with it came an AWESOMELY HUGE diaper blowout... and then another... and another. It was gross... and also why Declan has not worn pants or shorts over his diaper since yesterday morning... Because I can spot blowouts before they happen this way. Also, it provides more freedom for awesome dance moves!!! I was also able to make dinner for the fam and it was DELICIOUS! Ben gave me an awesome opportunity to go to target ALL BY MYSELF last night. It was fabulous. I listened to Steve Earle on the way home and felt like I was 24 years old again. Oh freedom! 

Today has been much like yesterday. No-pants dance party for the toddler, snuggling the beautiful newborn, herding dogs yadda yadda. Best part is that I'm going on a date with my handsome, charming husband. WOOHOO!

I'll leave you with a few images of Aegus (And before you tell me I'm being unfair to Declan, Mom, there are 2 video links above of Declan getting down... So I'm totally even Steven! ) 




No comments: